Autumn is finally here. Meaning the pumpkin craze has begun.
These pumpkin pancakes are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and loaded with delicious fall flavor.
They’re the perfect warm and cozy start to any chilly morning.
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Pancakes
3 large eggs
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup canned pumpkin
3 tbsp coconut flour
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Coconut oil for greasing
1. Grease griddle or grill pan with coconut oil and preheat to medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, maple syrup and pumpkin.
3. In a separate smaller bowl, combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Sift the mixture to remove lumps and distribute ingredients thoroughly.
4. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture to combine. Do not overmix.
5. Place ¼ cup of the batter on the preheated grill pan to form a pancake. Cook 5 minutes or until pancakes begin to bubble in the center. Then flip and cook another 3 minutes on the other side until lightly browned.
6. Transfer pancakes to a cooling rack and repeat the process for the remaining batter.
The pancakes will keep in the refrigerator up to one week or in the freezer up to a month.
“Healthy Pumpkin Pancake Recipe Made With Coconut Flour.” Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, 12 Oct. 2018, www.functionalmedicinecoaching.org/healthy-pumpkin-pancake-recipe-made-coconut-flour/.